At the beginning of every year I seem to always find myself considering putting together a morning board. I like the idea that it would give our family a focused (and consistent) time to practice a few skills as we start our school day. This year I started gathering resources and discovered some wonderful ideas to help me pull it together. I am so thankful for all the wonderful homeschool moms who so generously share their time and ideas with others!
Just as I was ready to start putting the actual board together, we are faced with the potential of another move. I’m going to be putting off creating our board again until I know if we are moving or not. If we are then it won’t be until after the new year and new baby that I actually do this project. Which could mean it might not happen until next summer some time. 🙂
If you’re looking for morning board ideas, have I got a treat for you! Here are 8 variations of morning boards to inspire your own creation. The majority of these offer free printables to help you easily make your own morning board, too.
- Homeschool Creation has a page with loads of free printables for a calendar and morning board.
- Visit Royal Baloo for more free calendar board printables.
- Cornerstone Confessions has free morning board printables to correspond with My Father’s World Kindergarten.
- Here’s a Classical Conversations morning board from Half-a-Hundred Acre Wood.
- Check out this Good Morning Chart by Under God’s Mighty Hand.
- Go to 1+1+1=1 to see their free calendar time printables.
- Domesticity and Doctrine also has some free homeschool morning board printables.
- Find a variety of free calendar time printables at Confessions of a Homeschooler.
Do you use a morning board with your students? I’d love to hear your ideas!